Create ML Object Tracking training stuck at 97.4% - When pressing 'Resume Training' it PAUSES automatically after 3 seconds

Hi,

I’m training an Object Tracking reference object in Create ML using Extended training mode + All Angles for use with visionOS high-frame-rate object tracking. The training ran successfully for approximately 48 hours and reached 97.4%. At that point, Create ML automatically paused. The issue is now completely reproducible: whenever I click Resume, training runs for approximately 3 seconds and then automatically returns to Paused at exactly 97.4%. I captured the system logs while reproducing the issue. MLRecipeExecutionService crashes with: LayerVariable.swift:116: Fatal error: The new value must have the same shape as the current value ([40, 1, 3, 3]), but it has [96, 1, 3, 3].

Immediately afterwards, Create ML reports an interrupted XPC connection to MLRecipeExecutionService. Shortly before the crash, the service also logs: Detector training already finished but its loss file was removed from the cache; reporting loss as 0.

and: Error cleaning up detector images: NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4 NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=2 "No such file or directory"

I would really like to avoid discarding ~48 hours of training if the existing tracker/detector checkpoints can still be recovered. Thanks!

Create ML Object Tracking training stuck at 97.4% - When pressing 'Resume Training' it PAUSES automatically after 3 seconds
 
 
Q