Hello,
I'm using the Get Recently Played Tracks endpoint and I need to know when each track was played. Is there a way to request a timestamp?
Thanks!
Hello,
I'm using the Get Recently Played Tracks endpoint and I need to know when each track was played. Is there a way to request a timestamp?
Thanks!
The API does not support this currently. Could you file a ticket on Feedback Assistant outlining your enhancement request as well as explaining your use-case? This will help us prioritize this task on our roadmap for future improvements to the API.
Requested on Feedback Assistant:
Any news on this? Seems pretty fundamental to return the timestamp in the Recently Played endpoint.
Hello @omlob,
Thank you very much for your feedback about getting timestamps for recently played tracks.
We are still investigating this issue, and we'll keep you posted when we have an update regarding this enhancement request.
Best regards,
I've also filed a similar request at https://feedbackassistant.apple.com/feedback/10104749
I'm quite disappointed when WWDC22 rolled out and I found out that there was still no timestamp attached to the recently played endpoint. This is crucial to the app I want to develop. Please add my vote to this. Thanks!
Same here: https://feedbackassistant.apple.com/feedback/11933274
A timestamp would be super helpful and allow us to have the same QoS as other leading music services.
Adding another shipped use case here. I run TrackTunes (iOS and Android), which matches the music someone listened to with their Strava workouts and shows pace and cadence for each song. Without playback timestamps on /v1/me/recent/played/tracks I can't line songs up with a workout, so the app only works with Spotify, which returns played_at. Library lastPlayedDate doesn't fill the gap, because most workout listening is streamed from playlists and never saved to the library.
Filed as FB25050641, referencing FB10011423, FB10104749 and FB11933274. Is there any update on this enhancement since the 2022 reply?