Hi everyone,
I'm building rewindDV, a macOS app for preserving recordings from older FireWire tape cameras and decks. Capture works on our development hardware, and I'm trying to get the PCI transport entitlement needed to move forward with Developer ID signing and notarization so testers can use it with SIP enabled.
Our two original requests have been pending since August 1. Developer Support confirmed that DriverKit and UserClient Access are present, but PCI transport approval is still missing. They suggested resubmitting, so I sent a consolidated request today and added the new number to the existing support case.
Here are the references:
-
Original requests: 265MP3ZN42 and 49L9RB632H — August 1, 2026; both still showed Submitted today.
-
New request: 5728BY853G — October 3, 2026.
-
Developer Support case: 102964703572.
We're requesting DriverKit PCI (PrimaryMatch) for Developer ID distribution, specifically com.apple.developer.driverkit.transport.pci with IOPCIPrimaryMatch = 0x590111C1. That's PCI vendor 0x11C1 (4545 decimal), device 0x5901 (22785 decimal): the Agere/LSI FireWire OHCI host controller, not the downstream camera or deck. We develop the software, not the controller, and are requesting only that exact pair. PCI development access is already assigned.
Could someone familiar with the DriverKit review process check whether the new request is in the right queue and whether we're missing anything? I'd also appreciate guidance on which request to keep active, since I haven't cancelled either original.
I understand there's no guaranteed turnaround time. After nine weeks, I'd just like to make sure nothing is waiting on us. Happy to provide more technical details if helpful.
Thanks for your help!