Hello,
I want to bring attention to an extremely frustrating experience our organization has been dealing with while trying to enroll in the Apple Developer Program.
For over three months, we've been trying to create an Apple Developer account for our organization, and we still haven't been able to complete the process. At this point, the whole situation honestly feels like a joke.
Initially, we tried enrolling through the Apple Developer website, but after three attempts, the payment simply wouldn't go through. Apple Support then advised us to try enrolling through the Apple Developer app instead.
That's when even more problems started.
Our Apple Account suddenly stopped receiving verification codes, making it impossible to sign in. We eventually had to create an entirely new account.
Our team tried completing the enrollment process multiple times, encountering countless errors along the way. Support repeatedly suggested generic solutions like "update your iOS," but nothing worked.
Eventually, we managed to move forward only by using a completely different device that had been reset to factory settings, along with a brand-new Apple Account. (A tip for anyone experiencing similar issues.)
And that's just a brief summary of what we've been through over the past three months.
Finally, our enrollment application was approved. We thought the nightmare was over. All that was left was to pay for the membership. But apparently, that was too much to ask.
Every time I try to complete the purchase, I get the same error:
"Purchase Could Not Be Completed"
I contacted Apple Support, and they told me to wait 72 hours.
I waited. Same error.
I contacted them again. Another 72 hours.
I waited again. Nothing changed.
Now I'm being told to contact the Apple Developer team and wait yet another 72 hours.
Nobody seems able to explain what's causing the issue, and nobody can offer an actual solution.
It's been over three months, and our organization still cannot complete its developer account registration or move forward with publishing our app.
Apple takes pride in its ecosystem, the quality of the App Store, and its commitment to developers. But why does something as basic as creating a developer account turn into an endless cycle of technical errors, support tickets, and waiting?
For comparison, registering our Google Play developer account took approximately 15 minutes.
With Apple, it's been over three months — and counting.
I understand that technical issues happen. But when they continue for months, and the only response from support is "please wait another 72 hours," it becomes a serious problem for a business trying to launch its product.
I'm asking Apple to take a closer look at our situation, help resolve the "Purchase Could Not Be Completed" error, and finally allow our organization to complete its Apple Developer Program enrollment.
We don't need another suggestion to wait 72 hours. We need someone who can actually investigate the issue and provide a solution.
Three months to register a developer account is simply unacceptable.
I sincerely hope someone at Apple sees this and helps us finally get this resolved.