Stuck "In review" for 1 Month for an update: App Review and support requests unanswered.

Hello, We are reaching out asking for help reaching someone who can investigate an unresolved App Review situation and unanswered support requests.

Across our original submission and resubmission, we have been unable to deliver important iOS updates for 1 month. During this period, an SMS-pumping incident forced us to suspend phone-number registration. Additional client-side protections are ready, but we cannot get them to App Store users while the current submission remains unresolved.

Brrro is a startup that reached number one on the Greek and Cypriot App Stores, including Greece’s overall chart and Social Networking category. We have a growing user base, ongoing press interest, and users waiting for fixes we have already completed. This delay is materially affecting our ability to operate and has forced us to postpone our marketing campaign.

App details: App: Brrro – Secure Messenger Apple ID: 6756784288

The timeline and outstanding issues are as follows:

Our original update was rejected after more than two weeks of waiting, under Guideline 2.3.1(a). The rejection cited a game accessed through a hidden entrance,

alongside the app’s decoy PIN, alternate icons, and user-triggered data-deletion features. It also included an extended-review warning.

We addressed the game’s discoverability by making it accessible through a clearly labeled Games entry in Settings instead of the triple-tap entrance. We also explained the purpose and discoverability of the user-configured privacy and security features.

The earlier submission was withdrawn, and version 4.0.1 was submitted on 24 September. It entered In Review on 25 September and remains there as of 5 October. We submitted an expedited-review request and contacted support, including follow-ups. We have not received a substantive response explaining the outstanding concern or what action is required from us.

During this delay, an SMS-pumping attack generated thousands of dollars in verification charges. We suspended phone-number registration and prepared additional client-side verification protections. These are not included in the 4.0.1 build currently under review;

We need assistance with both the unresolved review and the lack of communication.

Could an Apple representative please help confirm:

  1. Whether our case remains open and which team is handling it.
  2. Whether the current submission remains subject to extended review.
  3. Whether any specific feature, documentation, or reviewer-access issue requires action from us.
  4. How we can arrange direct contact with App Review and receive a substantive next step.
  5. Whether any unresolved concern could also affect subsequent security updates, and what we need to do to resolve it.

If a feature needs changing, we are available to act immediately once the requirement is clearly explained. We can also provide reviewer access, a walkthrough, submission screenshots, and incident evidence through a private support channel.

We need a concrete response so that we can deliver fixes to our users and plan the operation of our business.

This is hurting us as a startup and might even drive us out of business Brrro Team

I’d separate the overall month-long case from the status of the current build: 4.0.1 has been “In Review” since September 25, according to your timeline.

Because the SMS-pumping protections are not in that build, make the existing support case very specific: ask whether App Review can clarify the remaining concern on 4.0.1 and whether a separate security update can be submitted without disrupting the active review. I would not withdraw the current submission until Apple answers.

If you submit a build containing the protections, explain the active security impact in Review Notes and include concise steps showing how the current version can still trigger the vulnerable flow and how the new build prevents it. Apple’s expedited-review guidance allows requests for critical bug fixes and asks developers to include reproduction steps in the notes. Request expedite for that specific submission, if the issue is still affecting users.

We have already explained these points to Apple in our support case and follow-ups, but have received no response.

We are desperately trying to reach someone at Apple who can help. This situation has now stretched across almost a month, is severely affecting our business, and threatens our viability as a startup.

We cannot deliver fixes or restore phone registration, and we have no clear point of contact or actionable response.

If anyone knows how to reach the appropriate team directly, we would genuinely appreciate the help.

What are we even supposed to do at this point,

No one is responding to our emails

We had to resort to cancelling the previews submission even though it was "In Review" for 2+ weeks, and send a fresh one through.

Hopefully it was some bad queue or similar reason because it gets to a point at some point where it is gonna ruin out business

Stuck "In review" for 1 Month for an update: App Review and support requests unanswered.
 
 
Q